Pedro Luis Alonso Gardens.
The gardens were deigned by the architech Guerrero Strachan, who also designed most of the historic gardens in the city.
The garden, which is named as the first post-war mayor, was designed in 1945 according to the latin garden style. There are features of Hispanic-Muslim and frenchfield gardens: beds of low hedges to give colour and symmetry, orange trees to give shade colour and aroma; the ponds give us a refreshing sensation and sounds with the water fountains. This design is also an inventive transition between the Park and the Dark Gate. The garden harmonizes with the walls of la Alcazaba, Gibralfaro and the City Hall. It is clearly reflected the architectural -botanical combination in this Malaga park.
It has an area of 6,500 square metres and it was recently restored and it has become the present Rose Garden. It has more than 75 rose varieties from around the world. The garden is a burst of aromas and colours in May, season of flowering that the visitor can enjoy in this idyllic place.
Av de Cervantes, 4, 29016 Málaga
Gardens location Map